Friday, August 28, 2015

Natural Essential Oil Lip Plumper Enhancer


With the new lip plumping fad going around right now, I researched a little about which essential oils could work as temporary lip plumpers. Turns out that Cinnamon Bark or Leaf EO can be found as an ingredient in many natural commercial lip plumpers! So I grabbed my Cinnamon Bark EO for a little experiment. ;-)

- First, I suggest taking a soft, damp tooth brush to gently scrub the dead skin cells from your lips.  I put a few drops into a 5mL Fractionated Coconut Oil filled roller bottle. It really does work! My lips look fuller and more vibrant.  I may make a DIY "natural lip balm plumper" soon and I'll keep you updated on what I use! 

- The cinnamon bark EO essentially irritates/inflames the mucus membranes around the lips and in conjunction with increased blood flow to the area gives them that fuller look. 

- FYI, I would suggest testing a little area first on your wrist if you have sensitive skin and ALWAYS dilute with a carrier oil as Cinnamon Bark EO can be considered irritating and a "hot oil". 

No comments:

Post a Comment